Australian Pacific Indigenous Projects (Supply Nation Registered) is a majority Indigenous owned company. Owner and Managing Director, Noel Gertz, of the Gugu Badhun people, has spent 30 years advocating employment for indigenous people, which included his previous roles at TAFE, and mining companies including Copper Chem Limited at Cloncurry. Noel has been recognised by the Queensland Resources Council in 2016 for his work in Indigenous advocacy over those decades. He has also received a national recognition award from Skills DMC for training and employment services to the Indigenous communities in 2011.
Noel as the Chairman of APIP, recognises the potential for Indigenous businesses have with Defence and the IPP, as a result has worked with Ben Seesink- Project Director (2 CER veteran) to develop this proposal to service 7 BDE with a value offering to provide a Containerised Transportable Gymnasium.
Container Gym Solutions
APIP is a project management consultancy that links corporate, Defence and indigenous people to be actively involved in Defence industry to allow young indigenous people to be exposed to Defence industry with the goal of embedding them into Defence industry. Ben and Noel have brought the following organisations together to deliver this proposal to give value to defence for this containerised gymnasium:
1. APIP – To act as the contract entity for the project, and to manage the incorporation of an indigenous trainee to be exposed and learn from hands on experience the design, manufacture and delivery of the APIP Containerised Gym;
2. Barlens Structure Solutions – David Jolley the Modular Gym Project Manager has worked with APIP to develop a locally designed and manufactured solution from South East Queensland. Barlens Solutions are a modular specialist and temporary structures project Managers.
Container Gym Solutions Continued…
3. APIP – Has invited an veteran owned, ex ADF PTI, gym design and manufacturing company call Maverick Strength & Conditioning Equipment to complete the detailed design and fabrication of gym structures based on owner Chris Salibas background combining 10 years in the Royal Australian Airforce as a Physical Training Instructor and eventually CrossFit Affiliate (Coastal CrossFit Queensland 2009) along with his personal experience of competing in the CrossFit Games Australasian Regionals in 2010-2011-2012 and as State Champion Olympic Weightlifter gives him a relatively unique blend of experience that lends itself perfectly to understanding and serving the equipment needs of the functional fitness community.
4. Aussie Fitness and Equipment – Has been chosen to supply free weights and specialist gym equipment based on their reputation and working with well known gyms including: Anytime Fitness; F45; Western Bulldogs; QLD Reds; Snap Fitness 24-7; Jetts.
5. Food and Beverage Innovations – Are a bespoke high-end precision fabricator, their high end commercial projects experience will ensure that the containerised gymnasium will come together with military precision as the team works together under David Jolley and Ben Seesink supervision and management.
Australian Pacific Indigenous Projects
Maverick Strength & Conditioning Equipment
Food & Beverage Innovations
Over the last several seasons, our fan base outgrew the capacity we were able to accommodate in just our permanent grandstand, so we’ve relied on Barlens to save the day. They turn an otherwise uneventful patch of gravel into a lively, corporate hospitality area with a professional marquee and a classy, casual fit out. We’re proud to have Barlens as a partner as they’ve really helped us take the next step with our business.